Best Season: September through May
Uzbekistan, a land of ancient monuments, tombs of great rulers, and bazaars of the ancient silk road. With a climate much warmer than neighboring Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, or Tajikistan, it's an ideal place to visit during the off-season months of autumn, winter, and spring. Iron Horse Nomads has not yet opened an office in Tashkent, but our cars are able to go there. You can rent and self-drive a range of cars to Uzbekistan. We can also arrange custom tours with our guides and with partner companies in Uzbekistan. With the newly improved political climate it's now possible to get an e-visa for only $20 and the border crossings are significantly simplified. Police are polite and corruption has been greatly reduced. We'll coach you through the border crossing process.
We recommend that you pick-up and drop-off of your rental car in Kyrgyzstan or Kazakhstan, however, it is possible to deliver a car to Tashkent. The one way fee for a car picked up in Bishkek and dropped off in Tashkent is $350.
Included in the price are:
- Unlimited kilometers
- Vehicle and 3rd party liability insurance (you will have to purchase Uzbek mandatory insurance at the border, cost around $25)
- Border crossing documents (official fees at the border can add up to around $30-$50/car)
- Information on favorite locations in Uzbekistan
- Assistance planning your trip
- Support in crossing the border
- Good spare tire
- Spare fuel can(s) (diesel and gasoline/petrol can be hard to find)
- Basic repair tools
- Additional drivers included for free (up to three total drivers)
- Professional, English-speaking help available 24/7 by phone
Cars eligible for travel in Uzbekistan are listed below the photo gallery. You can pick up the cars in Bishkek, Almaty, or Osh (delivery fees may apply).
Please note that while allowed, we do not recommend taking the classic Russian cars to Uzbekistan because of the climate.
Uzbekistan Ready Rentals (Based in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan):